4. spanish rice
but like, this spanish rice.
no, i don’t make it with burnt tomato sauce. sorry to all the nanas yelling at the computer screen saying, “eee, pobra hita.”
this spanish rice is just bomb.
options for mains: green chile tempeh burritos
here’s how you make it.
- 1 c jasmine rice, rinsed until the water runs clear
- 1 can original rotel. (click the name for a link.)
- 2 tbsp earth balance vegan butter. (click the name for a link.)
- mccormick steak seasoning. just trust me. (click the name for a link.)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- (optional) 1 tbsp nutritional yeast OR 2 tbsp so delicious cheddar shreds. (click the name for link.)
how to make it:
1. put the water, butter, rice, and rotel in a sauce pan over high. bring to a simmer. when it starts to simmer, cover it andturn the heat to medium low.
2. cook 15-20 minutes until you no longer see the water bubbling over the rice. turn off the heat, but DON’T OPEN THE LID. let the rice rest for 5 minutes, and then fluff with a fork. add in the mccormick seasoning. you can add in the nutritional yeast or cheddar shreds now.
3. enjoy with burritos, tacos, or enchiladas. add in good people to share with.