calabacitas is a great side dish, or even a good addition over rice. it tastes like summer afternoons and sunday dinner times with the family.
it’s the best addition to any meal.
here’s how you make it.
- 2 zuchinni, halved and sliced
- 2 summer squash, halved and sliced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of corn (frozen organic, or off the cobb.)
- 2 tbsp earth balance vegan butter (click the name for link.)
- salt & pepper
- (optional) 2 tbsp diced green chile (see how to roast green chile.)
how to make it:
1. heat butter in sauce pan with lid. add in the onions, and let them brown a little.
2. add in the squash, zuchinni, and corn. (optional) add in the green chile. cook until the squash and zuchinni are soft. salt & pepper those bad boys.
3. enjoy on its own, or over rice, and with good friends and family.